Join Alice for this ‘WILD FIBRES’ x3 day workshop.
Over the 3 days you’ll be introduced to gathering and processing a range of plant-based fibres that grow wild, including nettle and bramble. We will gather the relevant plants from the land on site and learn the different ways to extract and process fibre that could then be used for cordage making, soft basketry and weaving.
You will produce a selection of fibre and cordage samples and learn about times to gather, process and store your wild fibres. You will be introduced to looping and weaving techniques using your cordage.
The focus of the workshop is on gathering and processing fibre and aims to open our eyes to the usable fibres that are commonly available to us.
Your Full Festival Tear Up Ticket (£545) includes:
- 4 days in the stunning Staffordshire countryside with fellow weaving enthusiasts and 10 tutors.
- 3 days of teaching with the specialist of your choice – Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
- Evenings will be filled with discussions & talks with our world renowned tutors.
- Banquet lunches on the x3 teaching days.
- A Ceilidh (barn dance) on Friday evening to really let your hair down.
- Admission to Festival Day on Saturday.
- Early bird access to all Saturday workshops
- Special order service from Musgrove Willows & first dibs on their willow.
Pay in full or 3 months interest free available at the checkout with Klarna (UK only & subject to status)
More treats to be released throughout the year. Watch this space.....